|View File||Job Description|
This role develops and supports specific research areas associated with MCAST Energy research studies in photovoltaic integration, systems and technology considered very complex challenges and inclusion of several collaborators. The Research Support Assistant(s) ensure completion of research projects and oversees related day-to-day operations and developments. The role involves the co-author and leading of scientific papers for presentation and publication as well as supporting writing, submission and administration of specific related grants. Ensures that all study activities are completed by strictly following all current local laws, regulations, guidance, policy and procedures.
The candidate/s is/are encouraged to enroll and succeed in further development at Masters level (full-time / part-time), and must satisfy the entry criteria within MCAST for an MRes programme. The cost of training is funded through projects.
Candidates are to indicate the first two preferences of the following topics:
- Fusion of emerging PV technology development: Upscaling of emerging technology and On-site testing of devices (full-time / part-time)
- Focused PV integration technical solutions: Smart-grid structures and tools including micro-grids (full-time / part-time)
- Energy-Water Nexus, focus on PVs: Water as a means to balance energy (full-time / part-time)
- Future Electricity Markets with PVs: Smart grids and ancillary services, and PV markets, forecasts and trends (full-time / part-time)
These positions are being funded by the European Commission H2020 TWINNING JUMP2Excel (Joint Universal activities for Mediterranean PV integration Excellence) project under grant 810809, and the Malta Council for Science and Technology (MCST) 3DMgrid (Design, Development and Demonstration of a Smart Micro-Grid) project under grant ENM-2016-002a and EDGEWISE (Energy and Water Systems Integration and Management) project under grant ENM-2016-001 through the ERANETMED initiative of Member States, Associated Countries and Mediterranean Partner Countries.
- A strong MQF Level 6 qualification in engineering, or a closely related field preferably with a specialisation in electrical and control engineering.
- Related academic/research experience would be considered an asset.
- Preference will be given to candidates showing research-based initiatives with published works.
- Entry criteria within MCAST MRes Programme.
Vacancies will be filled if and when openings become available. Successful candidates will be called to fill existing vacancies in accordance with the order of merit.
Interested candidates are invited to apply at http://jobs.mcast.edu.mt and submit a covering letter selecting the preferred topic, an updated Curriculum Vitae, copies of any English language certification (applicable for non-English mother tongue nationals), and two letters of referee contact. Applications are to be received by the closing date on this advert. Please refer any enquiries to Brian.Azzopardi@mcast.edu.mt.