|View File||Job Description|
The Malta College of Arts, Science and Technology and Enemalta plc are pleased to announce that a open public call is issued for PhD Scholarships (EU Fees Only) in the field of Electrical Energy and Power Systems. This split-site PhD programme is offered at The University of Manchester based at the MCAST Energy Research Group and in collaboration with Enemalta plc. The research area is to include Mediterranean or local attributes.
PhD candidates are responsible for working towards completion of their degree programs in a timely manner. In addition to gaining expertise in a field of study, PhD students are expected to expand the knowledge of that disciplinary field by discovering and pursuing a unique topic of scholarly research, resulting in the PhD dissertation. It is the student’s responsibility to ensure continued progress of his or her academic program and thesis research. Students have a responsibility for the following aspects of their program.
The candidates are encouraged to apply for the Research Support Assistant(s) call (Full-Time) and must satisfy the entry criteria within The University of Manchester for a split-site PhD programme.
Candidates are to indicate their preference from the following topics:
- Focused PV integration technical solutions: Flexible technologies such as energy storage (full-time)
- Future Electricity Markets with PVs: European regulatory framework and market design (full-time)
These PhD Scholarships (EU Fees Only) are being funded by Enemalta plc. The areas of research are to be aligned with the European Commission H2020 TWINNING JUMP2Excel (Joint Universal activities for Mediterranean PV integration Excellence) project, and the Malta Council for Science and Technology (MCST) 3DMgrid (Design, Development and Demonstration of a Smart Micro-Grid) project.
- A strong MQF Level 6 and preferably an MQF Level 7 qualifications in the following subject area:
- Engineering preferably with a specialisation in Electrical and Control Engineering.
- Related academic experience and/or work experience would be considered an asset.
- Preference will be given to candidates showing research based initiatives within their career profile.
- Entry criteria as specified by The University of Manchester for split-site PhD programme.
Vacancies will be filled if and when openings become available. Successful candidates will be called to fill existing vacancies in accordance with the order of merit.
Interested candidates are invited to apply at http://jobs.mcast.edu.mt and submit a covering letter selecting the preferred topic, an updated Curriculum Vitae, copies of any English language certification (applicable for non-English mother tongue nationals), and two letters of referee contact. Applications are to be received by the closing date on this advert. Please refer any enquiries to email@example.com.