|View File||Job Description|
The Malta College of Arts, Science and Technology invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the post of Financial Controller.
Applicants for the post should:
- Be a certified public Accountant and will preferably be also in possession of a relevant higher qualification.
- Have a minimum of five (5) years post-qualification experience in accountancy, three (3) years of which in a Financial Controller capacity in a medium or larger entity, preferably operating in the services sector;
- Possess strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organisation, and with employees, peers and stakeholders;
- Have strong problem-solving capabilities and the ability to exercise sound judgement and make decisions based on accurate and timely analysis;
- Be of a high level of integrity and dependability, with a strong sense of timeliness and results orientation.
- Proficiency in IFRS
- Have a good knowledge of the FSS system in Malta
- Ability to prepare budgets and monthly reports
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills.
- Be able to solve technical accounting issues in line with various accounting standards
Successful candidates will be engaged on a three-year definite contract, renewable
Vacancies will be filled if and when openings become available. Successful candidates will be called to fill existing vacancies in accordance with the order of merit.
Applicants may apply in strictest confidence by the closing date indicated on this advert. Please ensure that you have uploaded copies of your certificates, transcripts and NCFHE statements (for overseas qualifications). A covering letter is also to be included. Incomplete and/or late applications will not be considered.